One of the first self storage facilities developed in Cape Town during the 1990’s, Stor-Age Bellville (originally trading as Storage King) is situated on the corner of Kasselsvlei Road and Peter Barlow Drive. The Stor-Age Bellville store, which trades in the 95% occupancy range, enjoys excellent visibility to passing traffic on Peter Barlow Drive and trades into the northern suburb areas of Bellville, Bracken Heights, Ferndale, Morgenster, Protea Heights and Kuilsriver. The facility comprises 293 self storage units ranging in size from 4.5 to 23 m², with a total lettable area of 3,275 m².
Together with the self storage property, 3,616 m² of developable land was acquired as part of the acquisition. Stor-Age began the redevelopment of the property immediately upon transfer and completion of this project is scheduled for July 2012.
The acquisition of Storage King forms part of Stor-Age’s broader market consolidation strategy and it provides Stor-Age with the opportunity to have a presence in the heart of the fast growing northern suburbs.
- 540 + self storage units ranging in size from 3 to 30 m²
- Situated just off Peter Barlow with excellent visibility to passing commuters
- Internationally rivalled on-site retail store, catering for the provision of all self storage related ancillary products
- Total lettable area of over 7,450 m² +
- Third generation big box multi-storey building - first of its kind in the SA self storage market
- The latest generation of on-site security and access control